Tuesday 19 September 2017

Phil Rodriguez: 
I was in London about 3 years ago and went for a lovely lunch with Dave.   
During the lunch, he told me that in his house in Andalucía he had a bunch of olive trees growing which produced great olive oil.  The only problem was that he wasn’t there full time to take care of the trees and even less to produce the oil so he arranged with his neighbor to care of the trees and he could keep all the oil produced after giving Dave 50 liters for his yearly personal use.
I told Dave that io loved olive oil and used it all the time.
That night when I returned to my hotel from a day of meetings a half liter bottle of Dave’s olive oil was waiting for me at the concierge.
From that day on, every time I was in London Dave would send to my hotel a half liter bottle of his oil.
I still have some left from when I last saw him in March of this year.
When I heard the sad news about Dave I had a glass of red wine and some bread with his olive oil.
Dave, thank you for your friendship throughout the years and the olive oil!
You will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment